Not only are sweet potatoes a great alternative to grain, they also bring a whole host of their own special benefits to the table - or, should I say, the dog bowl. Let's look at some now...
- A highly digestible ingredient that can actually soothe the stomach and digestive system.
- High in fibre, thereby promoting a healthy digestive system and firm stools - which, in turn, benefits the anal glands.
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, bringing anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting benefits, as well as aiding eyesight, the skin and coat, the liver, kidney and lungs.
- A great source of magnesium which is believed to be stress-reducing and promote calmess.
- Due to the low glycemic index, glucose is released slowly into the bloodstream which helps to keep blood sugar levels more even and reduces instances of hyperactivity.
- Low in fat and naturally gluten free.
Want to give all these benefits and more to your dog in a handy daily recipe? Order TP Feeds Grain Free Duck (with 26% sweet potato) today.
Or do you have some sweet potatoes at home that you want to offer to your dog? Try this simple Sweet Potato Chew recipe today.